Installation Instructions Links:
Stego Wrap Vapor Barrier / Retarder - Installation Instructions
Stego Crete Claw Tape - Installation Instructions
Pango Wrap Termite Vapor Barrier - Installation Instructions
StegoCrawl - Installation Instructions
Beast Screed System - Installation Instructions
Stego® Wrap Vapor Barrier / Vapor Retarder - Installation Instructions
IMPORTANT: Please read these installation instructions completely prior to beginning any Stego Wrap installation to ensure suitable use of the product.
These instructions are based on ASTM E1643 "Standard Practice for Selection, Design, Installation, and Inspection of Water Vapor Retarders Used in Contact with Earth or Granular Fill Under Concrete Slabs"
UNDER SLAB INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Stego Wrap can be installed over an aggregate, sand or tamped earth base. It is not necessary to have a cushion layer or sand base, as Stego Wrap is tough enough to withstand rugged construction environments.
2. Unroll Stego Wrap over the area where the slab is to be placed. Stego Wrap should completely cover the concrete placement area. All joints/seams both lateral and butt should be overlapped six inches and taped using Stego Tape.
NOTE: The area of adhesion should be free from dust, dirt, moisture, and frost to allow maximum adhesion of the pressure-sensitive tape.
3. ASTM E1643 requires sealing the perimeter of the slab. Extend vapor retarder over footings and seal to foundation wall, grade beam, or slab at an elevation consistent with the top of the slab or terminate at impediments such as waterstops or dowels.
Consult the structural engineer of record before proceeding. (For more information refer to Stego's complete installation instructions)
4. In the event that Stego Wrap is damaged during or after installation, repairs must be made. For holes, cut a piece of Stego Wrap to a size and shape that covers any damage by a minimum overlap of six inches in all directions. Clean all adhesion areas of dust, dirt, moisture and frost. Tape down all edges using Stego Tape.
5. IMPORTANT: All penetrations must be sealed. All pipe, ducting, rebar and wire penetrations and block outs should be sealed using Stego Wrap, Stego Tape and/or Stego Mastic.
NOTE: Stego Industries, LLC's ("Stego") installation instructions are based on ASTM E1643 - Standard Practice for Selection, Design, Installation, and Inspection of Water Vapor Retarders Used in Contact with Earth or Granular Fill Under Concrete Slabs. These instructions are meant to be used as a guide, and do not take into account specific job site situations. Consult local building codes and regulations along with the building owner or owner's representative before proceeding. If you have any questions regarding the above mentioned installation instructions or Stego products, please call us at 877-464-7834 for technical assistance. While Stego employees and representatives may provide technical assistance regarding the utility of a specific installation practice or Stego product, they are not authorized to make final design decisions.